Monday, February 19
8:00 – 9:30 A.M. – Breakfast. Ok, I got up and all of that. Sarah, A. and I went out to start walking to Café Naz for breakfast. As we were walking out I saw Jordan, and said hey. We were planning on just walking to the café but as we headed out the door the shuttle was just pulling up so we got a ride. So that was nice. When we got to the café A. had to go to class, so Sarah and I just went in. I Saw Jeremiah and said Hi. (So far so good, everyone I know has seen me and said hi back.) So Sarah and I got our food and went and sat down. Nothing really exciting happed.
9:30 A.M. – Worship. After we finished our food, Sarah and I headed for chapel where they had more singing, but this time it was not as long, so that was good. Then some head dude got up and talked to us. (I forget his name and what he did.)
10:30 A.M. – Chapel. Then it was time for Chapel, we all walked over and found seats. The students were not there yet so Sarah and I got to find some killer seats. Right in the first row of the back part (I think NWC students know what place I’m talking about). I thought that they would be great seats to see when the people I know came in. We were sitting there and it was awhile until anyone I knew came in. First it was Stefan. Then Jeremiah was next. He walked right by me I waved and said “hi”, he just kept on walking right over to Eli, Marcus and I think Rick. I forgive Eli and Marcus because they were all over on the other side of the building and I think it would be just silly to be mad at Rick as we had not met, yet. But Jeremiah, however…….. Then Aimee was the next to walk right by me and not see or say hi to me. Then Jordan walked almost right next to me, looked around and walked right by me with out seeing me. By this time I had kind of lost my enthusiasm for waving and saying hi. Then the last person I knew came walking right by me, and I though he saw me and looked right at me! But no, Stephen walked right past me and sat down in the very same row as I! So as I’m sure you can imagine I was kind of feeling down. Every one I knew walked right by me and did not see me!

11:25 A.M. - Tour. After chapel we had 15 minutes to kill and seeing as it was only a 2 minute walk to the Blue Room (which was where our next event was). I though it would be a good time to visit my Uncle Brian, who works at NWC. So I asked Sarah if she wanted to come along, she did, so we headed over. When we got to his office he was on the phone and also had a client waiting to see him, but when I told his secretary that I was his niece, she told us to stick our heads in, he must had heard us because he waved us in and told us to sit down. We waited for a few minutes till he was off the phone and then we talked about my visit and then he talked to Sarah. Then we had to go because we were already late for our tour.
Nothing much happed on the tour. Both Sarah and I had already had tours before but since there weren’t any classes that looked interesting we both took the tour. On the tour I saw three people I knew, Eli, Jeremiah and Rick (although we had not actually met yet, I just recognized him from his Facebook picture.) (This is Amy)

12:30 P.M. - Lunch with Professors. Nothing much to say about this; ate food. Sarah and I ran into Amy, and we all had lunch together. Oh, and the way they had the tables set up was that you could sit at a table and you could talk to a professor that taught the classes that you were interested in. the only thing was that there was only one free table and that was for sports (that wasn’t what they called it but I can’t remember the word that they used.) So we sat down and I made a jock about sports and that the only thing I knew about it was the some teams would win and others wouldn’t. Then some tennis couch came over and started talking to Amy and another guy who liked to play tennis.

1:15 P.M. – Student panel. This was soooo boring; I did not care about what they had to say because if there was anything I wanted to know I could just ask my brothers. So at first I thought about slipping away and doing some exploring. But I never did. So oh well.
2:00 P.M. - Class Visits. I was totally ticked off, because the one class that I was interested in was taken off the list of classes that you could visit. It was Graphic Design. So I wasn’t too happy about that. So Sarah and I both signed up for this Relationships class, because nothing else looked remotely interesting. So we get to the class and found out that they had moved on from Relationships to marriage and we were like ok, this really is not helpful to us. But we had already signed up so we stayed.
3:15 – 5:30 P.M. - The Winter Games. Ok, this is a part of my visit that I would very much love to blot out of my mind. I could torture you with too many of the details of this time in my life, but I will tell you that a little bit of it was fun but most of the time it was just painful. I kept looking around for someone, anyone that I knew that would save me for the torture that were the winter games. But sadly I did not see anyone I knew so I was forced to carry on. Here is just a sample of what I had to endure: one of the games was that we had to get into the eagle costume as fast as we could and then run from one line to the other and then take it off and then help another person get into it. It lasted for eight minuets. Happily I did not have to do it. Another game was running back and forth from one room to another and grab the cheapest item of food and run back. The worst game was the smelling game. One person would be blindfolded and five people would eat something and then they would go and breathe on them and the person would have to guess what they had eaten. Thank goodness I did not have to do it! Then we had to make up a cheer for our group. There were others but I just as soon blot them out of my mind. (On the first is the girl whos room we stayed in)(The next is sarah)


5:30 P.M. – Pizza. After all of that, we had to do our cheer for everyone; I must admit that that was a little fun. After that there was pizza and some guy talked and then Elizabeth Hunnicutt played two of her songs. Afterwards it was over. They had a survey for us to fill out and then we would get a free t-shirt, so that was nice. Then because I could not remember when I told Josiah to pick me up I had to go to my room and pack and say goodbye. Happily while I was there Sarah came to get her stuff too, so then we all took pictures and said goodbye. Then I went outside and waited for Josiah. I waited, and waited….and waited. It was starting to get cold out, but I could not go back inside because it was dark out and I would not be able to tell when he came. So I pulled out my mp3 player and waited. He finally came and then since we had some time before Anime Club we went to Caribou.
After that we went and waited for everyone else. They all came and we started. We watched some fine cinema. So that was fun. Jeremiah, Eli, Stephen, Marcus, Jordan, and some other guys were there. I got to meet Rick, which was nice. I was never introduced to the other guys so I will not mention them. All in all it was a great weekend!
Well, that was my weekend visit it Northwestern College. I had a great time, met some very nice people and hung out with some great people I already knew. Would I do it again? Yes, just as long as I could cut out all the games and then stuff I did not like and then I would do it again in a heart beat.
The End (This is Eli and me - creepy uh?)

1 comment:
I hate feeling unseen! It's terrible! You are not the only one who has felt that way. It’s such a relief to know that God always sees me, always knows me, always loves me. And he always sees, knows and loves you. :-)
Post a Comment